In accordance with the EU work time directive
A & E Division South (Buckinghamshire and Hampshire)
A & E Division East (Essex and Kent)
Bank Staff (Self-Employed)
12 Hour / 10 Hour Shifts including days, nights and weekends.
Technician’s respond to emergency calls and are able to work as part of an ambulance crew or as a single responder in a car. They are trained to support a paramedic in the delivery of their role, but are able to assess patients and administer certain treatments and drugs independently. Also trained in the use of ambulance equipment and emergency driving, they work under national clinical guidelines and undergo extensive training.
These are some of the essential criteria you will need to be successful as an IHCD Ambulance Technician:
- A valid full B category driving licence with no more than 3 penalty points or any short period disqualification.
- Have successfully completed the Edexcel/IHCD training programme, or equivalent (BTEC level 3 Ambulance Aid).
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to make decisions, take responsibility and respond to a changing workload.
- Ability to remain calm while working under pressure.
- Ability to work within a Team environment and alone.
- Customer Service / People Skills.
- Flexible approach to work and shift work.